Spacers are designed to assist with metered dose inhaler (MDI) aerosol medication delivery, Spacers aim to improve inhaler technique and increase the amount of medication that is inhaled.
Spacers are particularly useful for:
- Patients with poor inhalation technique
- Patients requiring higher doses
- Sufferers of nocturnal asthma
- Patients prone to develop candidiasis with inhaled corticosteroids
The unique design of the Able Spacer assists in improving inhaler technique, by providing a space between the inhaler and mouth this reduces the speed that the medication particles enter the mouth, this means that a larger proportion of the medication particles can be inhaled.
The Able Spacer:
- Saves space as the inhaler can be discretely stored inside the Spacer when not in use.
- Improves inspiratory rate as the in-built coaching signal informs patients of incorrect usage.
- Suitable for tidal breathing
- Suitable for both adults and children
- Is easy to dismantle for simple cleaning.
This product is eligible for VAT Relief. Therefore:
If you are purchasing this product for yourself specifically to treat a long term medical condition you are entitled to purchase it exempt of VAT.
In order to claim VAT Exemption you must first complete and submit our online VAT Exemption Request Form obtained by first clicking the "VAT FREE PURCHASE AVAILABLE" banner at the top of this page. This is self declaration you do not need your GP's consent.
Please take care to enter a genuine medical condition relevant to the product you're purchasing.
Please then choose the "VAT Free" option for the product and any accessories you may wish to add.
If you choose the VAT Free options but you do not successfully complete an Exemption Request Form we will be obliged to add VAT when we process your order. The VAT element can be refunded retrospectively provided you supply a valid Request Form within 5 working days.