CoughAssist is a non invasive therapy that very effectively removes secretions in patients who are unable to cough effectively on their own.
Fully portable, CoughAssist is a mains operated device that automatically oscillates between applying positive then negative air pressure to the patient's airway in order to help the patient to clear retained bronchopulmonary secretions.
Air is supplied to the patient via a flexible tube incorporating a bacterial filter and can be use with a facemask or mouthpiece. CoughAssist can also be attached to a tracheostamy or endotracheal tube.
Typical patients benefitting from CoughAssist include those suffering from:
- Spinal Muscular Atrophy
- Muscular Dystrophy
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis
- Myasthenia Gravis
- Post - Polio
- Spinal Cord Injuries
CoughAssist Benefits include:
- Removes secretions from the lungs
- Reduces the risk of respiritory infection and resulting hospitalisation
- Safe Non Invasive alternative to suctioning
- Easy for patients and carers to operate.
- Can significantly improve patient comfort and quality of life
Approved for home use with both adults and children
CoughAssist Technical Specification
- Positive Pressure: Variable between 5 and 60 cm of water
- Negative Pressure: Variable between 5 and 60 cm of water
- Typical Inhalation Flow: 3.3 litres / second when set to maximum; equals exhalation flow when set to maximum
- Typical Exhalation Flow: 10 litres / second (dependant upon set pressure and patient airway resistance).
- Pressure Gauge: -70 to +70 cm water.
- Inhalation / Exhalation & Pause Times: 0 - 5 secs in automatic mode or user variable in manual mode.
- Dimensions: 292 mm x 279 mm x 419 mm
- Weight: 11 Kg
We are the only private company in the UK authorised to sell or hire CoughAssist. We specialise in supporting professional organisations including private hospitals and hospices and individual private patients.
Patients new to CoughAssist need to be assessed as to the suitability of the device to them and their particular medical condition. This assessment is normally carried out by a specialist CoughAssist trained Respiratory Physiotherapist in their local hospital.
We are able to organise specialist training for professionals and (usually) help to arrange assessments for individual patients.
We are most happy to work with charities and other organisations involved with supporting patients with serious Respiratory illness.
CoughAssist machines and their consumables can usually be delivered from stock within 24 hours.
CoughAssist E70: Purchase from £3,900, Hire from £75 per week
CoughAssist (original): Purchase from £3,500, Hire from £50 per week.
Prices may be subject to promotional discounts. Please call for further details.